Spots Available: May 27th Dive Trip On The Giant Stride Dive Boat To Local Wrecks, Oil Rigs or PV Re

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shucksun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
SoCal Divers,

I've posted recently to OC Diving News about a couple of outings on the Giant Stride dive boat operated by Capt. Jim Simmerman, and berthed at Ports of Call, San Pedro. LA Scuba Diving Charter Boat - 6-Pack Dive Charter | The Giant Stride

Jim operates this vessel as a "six pack", which means he is limited to six clients. The boat easily has space for twice that many divers so when your seated at your BC the next diver is like a full arms length away. Jim specializes in custom trips arranged by private charter, so unless your part of a group arranging a charter there are few opportunities to dive off his boat as an individual diver.

On Friday May 27th, Captain Jim is running the boat as an open boat, meaning single divers can rsvp a spot. His plan is for a two tank morning outing, with an optional third dive if the group so decides. Cost is $100 for two and $125 for three. This is a full service trip, dive master onboard, food included, etc. Plan on bringing two tanks, if we do a third dive Jim will fill you empty tank while we are on the second dive. The proposed dive destinations are not for brand new divers; you should be comfortable in some current, have good buoyancy control and know how to stick with your buddy.

This past Saturday we did two PV reef dives, met at the boat at 6:30AM and were back to the dock at Noon, a third dive would bring us back around 2:00PM.

Presently there are three spots available, if you would like to join us please rsvp with me so we know to look for you.
For further information or questions please contact me via e-mail (ocshuck@gmail.com) or text to my cell 818-635-4408.

J. Reeb
Dark-Thirty Divers

Last edited:
A short report from the folks who went out on the Giant Stride today. We dove the Olympic II wreck, Point Vicente, and Hawthorne Reef. It's hard to say which dive was better as the wreck was awesome with 20-30' viz and the ample structure at Hawthorne Reef covered with marine life both taking the cake as highpoints.

I'll get some pics/video out over the weekend with move details to follow. We saw very little sargassum, coupled with kelp on the rebound, so let's hope, and the PV reefs are still cold, 50F.

Check this out: we met at the boat at 6AM, did three dives at three different sites and were back at the dock by 2:15PM, (I was home by 3:45) on a Friday kickoff to a Holiday Weekend.

J. Reeb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom