Springfest "V" 2012 - April 27 to 29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tessunderwater the answer is yes you can spear from Pats boats. The DM',s don't have any problem with that, and usually you get in the water first but I think you will need to buy a Fla saltwater license to be legal, I will check with the shop. I have brought a spear for flounder several times.

Doccarl I dove the Empire Mica about 2 seasons ago on a private boat from Indian Pass. Its a 45 minute run at good speed as I recall just to get to the dive site. The blue water vis was 50+ and depth around 100 fsw. However, I was most disappointed as the wreck as it is actually no wreck at all. Its just a pile of rubble that has disintegrated to a rough outline of a ship and lots of metal. shapes. No a real ship as the old photos show. The only good thing is the guys I dove with recovered a nice new 30 lb. anchor that I now use on my 19 ft boat.

There are really some nice off shore dives out of PC like he Twin Tugs, Chippawau or Red Sea and others that are great dives. I will discuss with dive shop for ideas.

So I guess DocCarl your in for the Sat. dive and that would make 4 sber divers. If we get a few more we can call the shots a the selection of dive sites

Lives4Sharks you could drive to PC on Friday and g
et a motel room to be ready to dive on Sat. I think that's what I will do.

For our Sat April 27 diver count so far is:

1. Tessunderwater
2. 500 PSI
3. LivesforSharks
4. DocCarl
5. DocCal's wife

Looking good far. I will contact the dive shop this week and get some info on possible dive sites, and dive cost.

I'm down w/ a Cpt. Pat charter on Saturday. What do you guys think about requesting a trip to the Empire Mica? It's not a regular spot out of PCB, but I'd sure love to go.

Its a LONG trip from PCB, better off going there from Mexico Beach.

For our Sat April 27 diver count so far is:

1. Tessunderwater
2. 500 PSI
3. LivesforSharks
4. DocCarl
5. DocCal's wife

Looking good far. I will contact the dive shop this week and get some info on possible dive sites, and dive cost.

JoeH is also a poss go. Will know for sure at begin of April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

email from PCDivers:

Unfortunately the Steel Slinger is booked for a Private trip that Saturday Morning but I am showing that to be the 28th. The 27th is a Friday and the Steel Slinger is available for Friday. As to the fee, an offshore charter is $90.00/diver and it is $5.00/tank to rent an air tank and $7.00/tank for nitrox. Please let me know what other questions I can help with and I hope we can get something booked for you guys.

Thanks,

Tony @ Panama City Dive ChartersThe other alternative is to see what Divers Den has open or Sat. Good shop too.

Looks like the Sling Slinger is booked for Sat. Apr. 28th. The boat is open for a Friday dive and I'm OK with that, but I don't know who would be interested.

I would agree Divers Den is my second choice. I will contact the shop and see if we can set up a charter with them. I dove with Diver Den many- many times. I agree its a good operation!!

BOB

Looks like we're having to back out on this round. Family commitment trumps weekend scuba. Hopefully next year.

Looks like we're having to back out on this round. Family commitment trumps weekend scuba. Hopefully next year.

that sucks, I was looking forward to meeting you. jimi spoke highly of you.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom