Squeeze Lock Knife on Zeagle Stiletto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simmitop

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for a non-rusting dive knife to fix on my Zeagle BCD. I can locally get the squeeze lock titanium and would like to know if I can attach that to the bolt holes on my BCD i.e. is the distance of the screws on the knife sheath compatible to the holes on my BCD or if I would need to punch additional holes.
Anyone using that combination of knife and BCD?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The distance on the knife sheath is 4 inches for the regular size, 3 inch blade knife IIRC

I have a Blackie Collins snub-nose Ti. And a Ranger. I put it on the wing retaining strap mounting point. Ballistic nylon is pretty touch stuff so IIRC I drilled two holes thru it with a Dremel tool. Not sure I would put it there with a pointed blade though. I can get it with either hand just the right has to be a downward motion.

zeaglemount.jpg

Yes, you can attach this knife to your webbing.

If the factory holes aren't the right distance apart, or are not in the location you'd prefer, make new ones. It isn't difficult. Ideally, you should burn the hole with a soldering gun, but it also works to just poke a hole and singe the edges with a match or lighter.
If you want it to be all purty, you can pick up some grommets from Loews. Use a hammer to set them, if you don't want to spring for a grommet gun.

It's your gear. Make it fit you, not the other way around.

I would do that any second as soon as I know where exactly I want my knife to be [emoji53]
Right now I'm a bit wary to drill holes in my equipment in a position I may later find out not to be practical.
I'll probably end up fixing the sheath to the existing grommet holes with paracord in different positions, decide on one I like and then do new grommets threw.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I put new grommet wholes in the pocket of my wifes scuba pro bcd to fit the screws on her squeeze lock knife. Was really easy to do and the grommets and tool are available at any hobby shop.

Back
Top Bottom