SSI Can't Issue Me a Replacement Card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, thank you so much for all the great suggestions. I figured there might be one or two other options to try but was pleasantly surprised to receive so many great alternatives. It is MUCH appreciated! I'll post an update once I get back from the Scubaboard Invasion next week!
June

That's ridiculous. The instructor ALREADY PROVIDED that documentation in order to issue you the c-card in the first place. Why don't they have that on file? Sounds like a first-class runaround to me. A "rule" that makes no sense.
In the 90s the shops just laminated cardboard cards as certifications, they weren't issued by SSI but by the shop so to speak.
My certifications from the 90s don't show up in their database. Even the ones from the early 2000s don't show up correctly or are missing.

@jsisemore
Have you tried to order a card on the website or just asked the rep? my.DiveSSI.com - online_diver_check

If you did and it didn't work I would just email the HQ directly and tell them to send you a new card. The rep should have contacted the HQ for you instead of telling you to go and look for 30 old pieces of paper.

@jsisemore
Have you tried to order a card on the website or just asked the rep? my.DiveSSI.com - online_diver_check

If you did and it didn't work I would just email the HQ directly and tell them to send you a new card. The rep should have contacted the HQ for you instead of telling you to go and look for 30 old pieces of paper.
The SSI website shows 4 certifications, but when I tried to order a replacement card from the website, that's when the SSI rep told me I had to dig up the old records of the exact specialty dives. :confused:

I can try a direct email versus ordering the card from the site though. Thanks for the help,
June

I've come across this issue a few times where we could not find divers information on the database as their certifications were issued before all diving records went digital. Our local service centre in the Philippines was able to issue cards based on previous diver information that we provided. Perhaps ask them if there is any alternative, or try another service centre.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom