St Lucia dive operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue River

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Any one have a preference for a dive operator to use in St. Lucia. I am going for the first 10 days of November 04 and have been talking to two companies. Dive Fare Helen and Frogs. Anybody have any experience with either, feedback would be great. I am booking the diving before we leave on 103104. Thanks for the help.

Jerry

I didn't see any replies. I'm going in Jan.05...Frogs or DFH???Anybody have any preferences? I'm staying at St. James Club.

Feedback please.

Lawman:
I didn't see any replies. I'm going in Jan.05...Frogs or DFH???Anybody have any preferences? I'm staying at St. James Club.

Feedback please.

Hi,
I dove with frogs last year. Good points first small boat so small groups. Friendly guys OK equipment. The boat did nto have much shade, most if the dive sites are quite far from their base. The guy running it kept us hanging about a couple of times for 30 or 45 mins for people coming to dive off cruise ships.
Hope this helps
Doug

When I went to St. Lucia earlier this year, I didn't even bother doing any dives. I was in Soufriere at Ladera and checked out the operators at the Hilton and Anse Chastenet and see who I knew on their staffs, but the diving at that end of the island at least is regulated by the DM's too much. Geared solely for safe, controlled tourist diving, which works for most people.
It sounds like you're going to the Rodney Bay end of the island - I never made it that far since the roads are so lousy. There are better islands to dive, if that's your primary focus.
And man, there is soooooooo much to do topside on St. Lucia that I never missed the diving.

Sounds like my cup of tea. Great Lakes diving is 100', 41 degrees,
and dark. I'm for that shallow, warm touristy stuff....

I thought the Great Lakes got all cleared up with the zebra mussels, but I guess they couldn't warm it up. 41 degree diving sounds like something they would do to Iraqis in Abu-Ghraib. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............................................

Ok, I finally figured out where Morgan Bay is - part of Choc Bay near Castries. If you wander on down to Soufriere, go by boat. The roads define "hairpin". If you rent a car, you're fine anywhere between Rodney Bay down to Soufriere. Below Soufriere, after Ladera, there's nothing to see and the road gets worse, if that's possible.
The water is nice - one day we chartered a sailboat and wound up snorkeling though a baitball that was several hundred yards long. I kept waiting for some toothy critter to come roaring through, but none did. Because the divemasters ride a tight herd and the island is out of the hurricane belt, the reefs should be in pretty good shape.
Because of the strong French influence, the cuisine on St. Lucia can be memorable. Have fun.

Tom Winters:
I thought the Great Lakes got all cleared up with the zebra mussels, but I guess they couldn't warm it up. 41 degree diving sounds like something they would do to Iraqis in Abu-Ghraib. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............................................

And to me it sounds like a nice day of diving in Lake Tahoe; except we have real good vis. :wink:

Lawman:

Feedback please.

We are going to St. Lucia at Christmas and have dives booked with Dive Fair Helens. I'll report back about the dives upon return.

So far, the communication and information I've received from Michael at DFH is excellent, the reputation of the island seems like the dives will be promising.

I was in St. Lucia in August. We stayed at Windjammer and dove with Dive Fair Helen. They arrived on time at Windjammer (St. James was the stop after ours) and were great to dive with. I would highly recommend them. We dove on 2 days and both days the captain and dive masters were great.

If you do a search on my name, you'll find my report on DFH and St. Lucia.

Drewy.

we loved diving with DFH; the crews are great! the diving is great. Leslie M is a wreck dive that we had the opportunity to do 2x and what fun! huge moray eel there
saw seahorses our last day out, too
Sunday is their day off so plan accordingly,

the only surprise, and not Michael's responsibility, was that we put it on our charge card, in US$ and got charged for the change into EC$; not a tragedy just a surprise

cuisine is great; people are great! diving was fab--great water quality I thought; the roads are scary! but we spent a day on a tour with A&M, driver, 4WD vehicle, rainforest, floral gardens, waterfalls, the volcano, banana plantations & the east (Atlantic) coast--all in all a great experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom