St. Thomas?!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We'll be staying on Water Island. I think that pretty much excludes Chris Sawyer as dive center.

yes sawyer looks about as far from water island as you can get, i don't know of an dive ops on water island, the resort you are staying at doesn't have one?

As an ex-water islander, I can tell you that unless you have your own water based transport, dinghy etc, you can only get to St. Thomas on the Water Island Ferry. The ferry, called "Rover" has a regular schedule, but will take you into Crown Bay Marina, which is where Blue Island Divers are - no further transport required.

I also know that if you sign up for some diving, they will pick you up from the Water Island Ferry dock, no need to take the ferry. That way no transport required at all :) . They also pickup from other major hotels like Marriot if requested.

Their web-site is www.blueislanddivers.com. They have tons of wrecks and reefs, check their dive-sites pages. Also look at their on-line Guest Book if you want other recommendations.

Blow those bubbles
=-)

I am also headed to St Thomas in about 2 weeks, so all of this information is great!

I will be staying at Blue Beard Beach Club (not the Castle). Can anyone tell me if taking a cab to a dive club is better, or would it be better to rent a vehicle? I would imagine I will head out of St Thomas Dive Club at Bolongo Bay Resort.

DO NOT RENT A CAR unless you are very comfortable driving on the WRONG side of the road. Its a LOT more difficult than one would think.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom