State of emergency??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaERDoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi! My wife and I were planning a honeymoon in Maldive, possibly with Scubaspa (anyone have any experience with them) over the holidays. We have been reading about the state of emergency and recent assassination attempt and were concerned about the safety of the region. Anyone think this will affect travel there?

Thanks

thing about travel insurance is they tend to have limitations on any sort of pre-existing condition - not just medical ones. So they don't want to cover stuff related to tropical storms that have already been named when you buy it, travel operators that are already in financial trouble, and I'm guessing may not cover issues due to a political mess where a state of emergency has already been declared. Definitely read the fine print.

Hi - we just came back yesterday from a week long stay aboard the Carpe Vita. The boat and its crew are absolutely phenomenal, the diving was great - and the state of emergency meant nothing to us at all during our trip. In fact, although we could have avoided the city of Male altogether, we chose to do a 2 hour tour on Nov. 8. We felt safe the entire time - flights and everything else were completely normal. I would have been concerned in hearing about the State of Emergency -- had I heard about it just before our planned trip - but having been there during - I can honestly say there was nothing for us to be concerned about in the slightest.

We saw the ScubaSpa boat while there. We didn't board it of course, but it looks very nice. Can't compare it to Carpe Vita since we weren't on it - but if it's significantly nicer than the Carpe Vita, then it must be out of this world - since the Carpe Vita is really, really nice! Good luck - all the best!

Thanks Kelle. That's good news.

We were recently in Maldives. We stayed at Hotel Jen in Male for two nights and then a 10 day diving tour on Manthiri...no issues at all. Aside from not seeing any whalesharks, the trip was a complete success in every way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom