Stewart Warner compressor woes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

herpman

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I have a surplus 3.5 cfm stewart warner compressor paired with a new honda motor. It suddenly lost compression Saturday. I use it for paintballing. I have no separator or filter except for the stock one (gravity with bleeder). I filled 2 HPA paintball tanks (48 ci and 62 ci) and on the 3rd noticed that it was not filling. I noticed no change in operation or sound, just far less pressure than normal. It has been a year and a half since I changed the oil. But I don't use it very often (3 hours a year). Service manual says change oil after every 50 hours. I am mechanically inclined, but have never touched anything close to it. Is there something simple that may have gone wrong I could check? My paintball tanks have a burst disk. Is there anything similar on the compressor that could be causing the problem? Thanks for any help.

Paintball? shouldn't you be asking this question on a paintball forum? I am being nice here, but you are not even a diver? call Jim sheldon at 316-992-0505. he might be able to help.

Unfortunately, paintball forums are full of highschoolers and would be most unhelpful for my cause. I assumed this forum would be my best hope.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom