Student dead - West Vancouver, British Columbia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WIW, I did my AOW and Deep on the same weekend (3 days), 9 dives in total.

AOW in 3 days with my son - 6 dives and got nitrox certified at the same time. Dove to over 100 feet 3 of the 6 dives (air and 30%) - deepest to 115 feet with a swim through on the Vandenberg. This was in 2015.

AOW in 3 days with my son - 6 dives and got nitrox certified at the same time. Dove to over 100 feet 3 of the 6 dives (air and 30%) - deepest to 115 feet with a swim through on the Vandenberg. This was in 2015.
Ok, I think that some have established that this isn't unheard of. 115 though on AOW is a standards violation. But we are getting off topic of the subject of this thread.

But we are getting off topic of the subject of this thread.

When does a thread ever stay on topic? It is up to those participating to determine where it wants to go... :) Are you new here? lol

When does a thread ever stay on topic? It is up to those participating to determine where it wants to go... :) Are you new here? lol
Good point!

I and others just had a number of posts deleted by an admin on a thread about the fairly recent fatality in West Seattle. I was quite annoyed.

Doesn't PADI limit course dives to 3 per day for students?

For OW which requires 4 dives you are not allowed to do all of them on one day.

Has it been established that this was a PADI class? Not all agencies apply the same standards ... and PADI standards only apply to PADI classes.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Has it been established that this was a PADI class? Not all agencies apply the same standards ... and PADI standards only apply to PADI classes.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Circumstantial evidence points to PADI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom