Stupid Snorkel Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Silicone snorkel keeper. If that becomes too much trouble then tie a bungee loop out of 3/16in bungee and use that as a snorkel keeper.

Put the snorkel through the loop, take an end of the loop and slip it under the mask strap and over the top of the snorkel.
Hair ties work too but don't have enough tension. I only use those in a jam when I'm snorkeling.

Be sure the slide the snorkel back other wise the latter method will have the snorkel prodding you in your temple.
In fact with any method the snorkel should always be slid back on your mask strap.

i use a neoprene mask strap with a velcro keeper built into it - works great

I say ditch the snorkel and get a foldable one that you can stash out of the way.

The snorkel flex hose and mouthpiece are prone to coming apart. I add a zip tie to each joint just like you do on a regulator mouthpiece. That being said a routine of dis assembly is not a good way to go.

My wife uses a snorkel keeper since the two piece clip that came with her snorkel snags hers hair.

Problem solved....

Picture45-1.png

I am with supergaijin on the simple figure 8 keeper, all silicon. Stertch and pull one end over the snorkel to remove, leave the other over the snorkel tube. It's not a good idea to repeatedly pull the flex tube off the barrel of the snorkel. I have at times used a fat rubber band as a keeper to good effect, but after one or 2 dives they lose their strength. Sometimes I wear a snorkel, sometimes it's in a bc pocket as a safety measure. The "figure 8" keeper is real easy on and off, and you will never have to disassemble the snorkel, and you won't lose the snorkel. Those keepers cost about 2 to 3 dollars each, last forever, and fit any snorkel.
DivemasterDennis

Back
Top Bottom