Submerged Cemetery in Lake St Clair?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JacobsonC2:
were is lake saint clair?

I know you live in Wisconsin But it is part of lake erie and Ontario kind of sorta of. you take the detroit river to Lake st clair and that goes all the way to lake erie. You can also access Lake Ontario from it.

Tiny Bubbles:
There's a recent thread on lakestclair.net in the Lake Discussion forum that's caught my attention. Does anyone know anything about a submerged cemetery and church foundation in Lake Saint Clair?

-Tiny-B.
Seems it does exist But I'm sure when the water started to rise they removed all of the caskets you would think any way but that is just my thinking.

gtxl1200:
I know you live in Wisconsin But it is part of lake erie and Ontario kind of sorta of. you take the detroit river to Lake st clair and that goes all the way to lake erie. You can also access Lake Ontario from it.

Surely you jest. I think you mean it's between Lake Huron and Lake Erie. Conencted to those 2 great lakes by the St. Clair River and the Detroit River. It's just NE of Detroit.

Now that we sort-of know where the lake is, where's the cemetery & church foundation?

Tiny Bubbles:
Surely you jest. I think you mean it's between Lake Huron and Lake Erie. Conencted to those 2 great lakes by the St. Clair River and the Detroit River. It's just NE of Detroit.

Now that we sort-of know where the lake is, where's the cemetery & church foundation?

I knew I was wrong after I typed it. But hey I kind of got it sorta of hehe. I did a Jetski poker charity ride there last year and we luanched from Metro beach. At least I had a better idea where it was then the first guy who asked. LOL I still dont know where the cemetery or the church foundation is though.

I never heard of a cemetary but there is a dumping hole between Windsor, and St. Clair shores. I imagine if there is a Cemetary then it would be very shallow. I have been out a few miles in the lake and was only 15 feet or less

I've heard something similar over the past several years. I always heard it was on/in the river. Possibly by Harsan's (SP?) Island.

My friends and I figured it's probably true given time and how nature works with water and land. & decided not to look into it for two reasons:

1) the dead deserve their peace.

2) If anyone actually found it, it could bring an end to freedom to dive the river.

Paula

I believe it is at the base of 12 or 14 mile and Jefferson. It is in the water. I am told you can see it from google earth. It may be in 3-5 feet of water. I have never been on the site do to not having a boat and for the reasons given by Paula.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom