Suex xJoy 14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jadairiii

Contributor
Reaction score
Did a long scooter dive with my 2 buddies, Errol Kalayci and Ben Heffinger on my new Suex xJoy 14. We went off the Miss Conduct out of Pompano Beach. What an amazing scooter. It is very close to the Suex imported by Halcyon for the T16 but it rides a bit different and it is a tad shorter.

I have driven Gavins, and both Halcyon 14 and 16 scooters but I really like this Joy14. It is one sweet scooter. Another nice thing is if I ever want to up grade the the xJoy37 all I need to do is swap batteries and I can add a 4 bladed prop. I have been putting off buying a scooter for years, glad I waited.

Now for the dive, we where on the triggers for over 90 min without any power drop. We dropped in about 90' on the back side of the 3rd reef then scootered up to the top then into the patch reef. I was running the scooter about 1/2 to 3/4 power, towing the torpedo float and holding the bag of lobster (16 in the bag) and occasionally running into the current without a hitch. Sure makes life easy!
DSC04468.jpgDSC04460.jpg

That looks like some serious fun!! Would love to rent one for a beach dive and try it out. Miss Conduct charter was perfect for 3 scooters I imagine

We've been scootering for over a year now and have to agree, it totally changes the dives. We see more and being able to travel with a pull of a trigger is nice.

Nice scooters, I almost bought one but decided on a Genesis 1200 instead. Picked it up last month and can't wait for dive season to start again.

Oh no, not another scooter brand to torture myself over!!
Sweet looking scooter, too.

How did the torpedo tow with the scooter?

We have been scooter diving with torpedo floats going on about 15 years +. Even in deep water (200+). Rigged properly they tow extremely well, even in high current like Jupiter.

Last deep wreck Errol and I dove together we dropped in on a wreck in 210, tied off the torpedo, scootered the wreck then grabbed the torpedo and headed west, doing our deco on the trigger and checking out the 3rd reef, ended the dive in about 40' of water between the 2nd and 3 reef. When we would stop for gas switches we would pull in some line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom