Suite for diving over winter!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Bower

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
With living in Malta most of the time the sea is a good temperature so my 3m does me fine. Im looking to invest in a good quality suite at a reasonable price that will cover me for the few winter months any suggestions? guys where i would pick one up?

I live and dive in Libya further south of Malta, I can only use the 3mm suit I have about 3 - 4 months of the year. The rest of the year we use 5 - 7mm or drysuits to be able to dive comfortably and be able to go deeper than 15 feet and do more than one dive in a day. Water temperatures can go down to 16 degrees in the middle of the winter. I would advise a drysuit in addition to the 3mm but if the budget is an issue, then a semi-drysuit will be most appropriate. I did do many dives in the late fall to late spring in 7mm suits but it became very cold when diving below 15 meters and never could finish the second dive in the day comfortably.

Most brand name dive equipment manufacturers are represented in Malta, SP, AL, etc. I have tried suits from all of these manufacturers and have found that SP and AL were of better quality and some of them were very flexible. I would suggest that you start there and check with the local suppliers for these two brands first. I know the names of the distributors for AL and SP in Malta if you need this information.

Last edited:
I live and dive in Libya further south of Malta, I can only use the 3mm suit I have about 3 - 4 months of the year. The rest of the year we use 5 - 7mm or drysuits to be able to dive comfortably and be able to go deeper than 15 feet and do more than one dive in a day. Water temperatures can go down to 16 degrees in the middle of the winter. I would advise a drysuit in addition to the 3mm but if the budge is an issue, then a semi-drysuit will be most appropriate. I did do many dives in the late fall to late spring in 7mm suits but it became very cold when diving below 15 meters and never could finish the second dive in the day comfortably.

Most brand name dive equipment manufacturers are represented in Malta, SP, AL, etc. I have tried suits from all of these manufacturers and have found that SP and AL were of better quality and some of them were very flexible. I would suggest that you start there and check with the local suppliers for these two brands first. I know the names of the distributors for AL and SP in Malta if you need this information.
thanks for the advice buddy ill be looking into it most defiantly :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom