Sunday's dive stringer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Doing some diving with friends over the holiday weekend in Jupiter Florida. Wanted to post up a fish picture since this section need more stringer pictures of them. The inventory includes a 14", 16", & 18" set of hogs, & a pair of 19 & 20 inch muttons. And in the wheel barrow are 11 bugs, but no monsters.

This will make some nice dinners with a hint of garlic, a swamp of melted butter, grilled over an open flame, served piping hot with an ice cold beverage!!

DSC00193.jpg

Be legal, Be safe, & No fish is worth your life !!

Nice catch! Makes me want to jump back into some deeper water with my gun for sure.

Beats the tar out of my saturday stringer 09/03/2005:

snakestu2.jpg

I'm standing where I shot it, about 20 feet from my back door.

11 rattles:

rattles.jpg

My cat found it. I let her out, about 2 minutes later I hear "What's that she's looking at in the yard?"

I stepped out on the porch to hear him going 100 MPH & see the cat just out of strike range. I normally won't shoot them, but figured I had better kill it before the cat did something stupid & get itself bit.

It's been a while since I've seen a rattle snake. I normally would leave it alone as well. I'm not sure if you live in a rural or urban area, but in a neighborhood with kids and pets, a rattle snake is not a good animal to have roaming around. A water moccasin is even worse, they are agressive. Rattle snakes tend to run and hide.

We have kids all over here, and my friend next door is building a storage shed. Lots of lumber piled up. Odds are real good it would have ended up under some of that wood last night.

Leaving it be isn't really an option here. Either kill it, or capture & relocate it, which I can & will do. The problem this time was the cat. The risk was too great that if I messed around to catch the snake the cat would get bit.

These canebrakes are common here, but usually they aren't coming into the yard. Plenty of them in this area though.

Thats a hoss, gonna eat it? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom