Survey of the IJN submarine I-124 / video & 3D

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kay Dee

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Enjoy.
I-124 Submarine Expedition — Australian and New Zealand Explorers Club

"In World War II Japan and Australia fought for control of the seas north of Australia. The I-124 Japanese submarine was laying mines and hunting ships outside Darwin Harbour when it was engaged by Australian forces. It was attacked and sunk to the seafloor. All 80 submariners perished. Lying 53 meters below the surface, the wreck is highly significant. But the Top End's strong tides, murky waters and the submarine's depth have made it impossible to visit. Until now. The Northern Territory Government led a team of archaeologists and ANZEC member technical divers Matt Carter, Steve Trewavas and Kasimir Zierl to inspect the iconic submarine, using the latest in technical diving equipment and innovative site recording tools. Armed with rebreathers and underwater scooters, watch the divers attempt to record the wreck, and experts build detailed 3D models. Follow the effort to record and understand one of the most significant wartime wrecks in Australian waters. We encourage you to watch there fascinating expedition documentary."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom