Suunto DM4??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone have a link to download version 3.1 please?

Did the Suunto folks run away from this board?

If you need a copy, I can email it to you. I think you can still get it on Suuntos page, but you have to look below the DM4 link. Not real obvious.

Here is the link:

Suunto Dive Manager | Suunto

Check this fine print on the Suunto website:

"Suunto Dive Manager 3.1 availability
The dive log conversion from Dive Manager to DM4 with Movescount needs the latest Dive Manager (3.1.) software. You can download it from here.
Please note that Dive Manager 3.1. is not compatible with the new Suunto D4i, D6i or D9i dive computers. These products are only compatible with the new DM4 with Movescount software.
Dive Manager 3.1. will be available for downloading until the end of 2011. By then DM4 with Movescount will have all the same benefits as Dive Manager 3.1.
If you prefer to continue using Dive Manager 3.1., you can of course do so."

Their logic is just beyond my comprehension. They are essentially saying: "We came up with a new version of our software to replace the older version. This new version is not really a fully functioning version and doesn't do much for you but we are trying to make it actually work and end up with the same functionality as in the older version. We hope that should be able to do this in the future but we don't have any definitive information on when or what functionality will be added nor can we make any commitment to our customers on when and how this new version that has been released will actually work and meet their requirements."

Are we missing something here or is this just beyond human comprehension?

If you need a copy, I can email it to you. I think you can still get it on Suuntos page, but you have to look below the DM4 link. Not real obvious.

Thank you. I got it!!

Hi JB - thank you for your comments! Many Movescount users have opted to remain as "private" members in the community. This means that no one can see your profile. Creating a public profile is completely voluntary - as is joining groups. We're quite happy with the activity we're seeing on Movescount with steady increase of dive moves being added. \Pia from Suunto

Hi cdemith - please do contact the Suunto Help Desk, they're extremely efficent and there for just these kind of questions. Zoop is compatible with both Dive Manager 3.1 and DM4. Also please ensure that the Zoop is in PC mode in order to transfer data (please refer to section 4.1.3 in the Zoop User Guide). \Pia from Suunto

Suunto Help Desk: Contact Us | Suunto

Could you tell me if the ability to store your data locally and not the cloud is on the DM4 roadmap (if so, would there be an ETA for this feature)? Or will DM4 and onward always require cloud access?

Hi - the data is stored also locally. The OS provides the application with a location for persistent data. In this location you can find application settings (AppVersion\user.config) , logs (SuuntoDM4_*.log) and database (DM4.db, SQLite database file). Hope this helps! \Pia from Suunto

. We're quite happy with the activity we're seeing on Movescount with steady increase of dive moves being added. \Pia from Suunto

It's that arrogance that will be the downfall of Suunto. Don't you realise that the reason you made movescount was to track fitness training, and divers don't want to or need to do that. Thank heaven for third party software.

Hi - the data is stored also locally. The OS provides the application with a location for persistent data. In this location you can find application settings (AppVersion\user.config) , logs (SuuntoDM4_*.log) and database (DM4.db, SQLite database file). Hope this helps! \Pia from Suunto
Thanks for taking the time to respond to these questions Pia. I do hope you will continue to read this thread and respond where necessary as I think the ScubaBoard community represents a very large number of SCUBA divers and Suunto customers.

As for this question, I'm not sure if you really answered the question satisfactorily. I can't speak for harleythedog but I think the question pertained more to the availability of data to the user locally as opposed to via movescount. Whether or not the data is stored locally is rather irrelevant if the user has no way of accessing it. Writing a SQL client to access the information which is stored in a SQLite databse is hardly a solution for the average user.

There is certain information, such as air consumption, which is available through Movescount but not on the local machine through DM4. The question is whether all of this information will eventually be available through DM4?

We're quite happy with the activity we're seeing on Movescount with steady increase of dive moves being added. \Pia from Suunto
It's not about whether you are happy with Movescount, it's about whether your customers are happy with it. This forum represents a substantial number of divers and I have not seen a single one express his/her pleasure with Movescount. The only people I've seen singing the praises of Movescount is Suunto. What is it that I'm missing? Or is there perhaps the slightest chance that Suunto is missing something?

Nicely put, Deefstes. I'm not sure that Suuntos policy might be 'If we don't do anything, they'll HAVE to use movescount.' I certainly have not seen any positive feedback anywhere on DM4.

It's not about whether you are happy with Movescount, it's about whether your customers are happy with it. This forum represents a substantial number of divers and I have not seen a single one express his/her pleasure with Movescount. The only people I've seen singing the praises of Movescount is Suunto. What is it that I'm missing? Or is there perhaps the slightest chance that Suunto is missing something?

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom