• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

suunto online dealers

Discussion in 'Computers, Gauges, Watches and Analyzers' started by cra2, Aug 5, 2004.

1. cra2

cra2 Photographer

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Are there any online dealers that carry Suunto computers with full manufacturer's warranty?

thanks

2. NorthernMelody

NorthernMelody Assistant Instructor

# of Dives:
    Let me know if you find one :) I'm looking at purchasing one, but don't have a clue where to get the best deal....In Canada!

3. RDP

RDP Barracuda

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I have read that Suunto does not allow online sales by its dealers. I would be interested in this as well. :06:

4. rje634

rje634 PADI Pro

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    As far as I know and I did read up on this and asked my LDS before I bought mine. Suunto, which I believe is distrubuted in the states by Seaquest/Aqua Lung do not allow online or mail order sales. Check out there warranty disclaimer at http://www.sea-quest.com/warranty.html
    I think that any sales online are considered "gray market" and don't come with a maufacturer warranty. Some online dealers that sell these products offer there own "in-house" warranties.

Again this is just some of the info that I read about and heard about from the local dive shops that I priced the computers at.

Anyone on the board, if I'm mistaken about these policies let me know.

5. mikelegurra

mikelegurra Nassau Grouper

http://www.suuntowatches.com

they used to carry only the D3. i just checked and they also have the stinger.
    they advertise full warranty on their FAQ page.

i found the prices a little high though...

6. NorthernMelody

# of Dives:
    I was looking that the above site, they DO have a price match for any other registered dealer online. It has to be the same make and model, colour, and ready to ship right now. It can't be on sale or a limited time deal. One of their reps will verify the price and they will match it so long as it's within 30 days of your purchasing thier product.

BUT, if you are interested in a Stinger...... read this off a website!

Suunto no longer allows Stinger to be sold on the web by its authorized retailers - not even the retail price can be listed according to their policy - we realize, you the customer, may find this inconvenient, and we do apologize. Of course, we still stock and sell the Stinger through our store. Please call us toll-free at 800-XXX-XXXX for complete information on the Suunto Stinger.

7. NorthernMelody

# of Dives:
    will all my searching, the cheapes I've found was at the suunto web site....no one else had a price listed...disheartening ain't it :-(

8. cra2

cra2 Photographer

tell me about it. sigh.
    and I wanted the gekko.

9. Aussie Diver

Aussie Diver Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    this has been discssed before. have a look at http://www.scubaboard.com/t66315.html

I just bought a Gekko from sportextreme.com they're the cheapest around, but not an authorised dealer. they do offer their own warrenty though.

10. cra2

cra2 Photographer

i looked on sportextreme, and couldn't find what kind of warranty they offer.
    I've emailed them, but where is it? Am I just missing it?