suunto online dealers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I emailed them and just received the answer.
Yes, they off warranty IF you bring it back to point of purchase (ie. europe).

So there is NO way to get a Gekko online with warranty, huh?
That's amazing.

cra2:
i looked on sportextreme, and couldn't find what kind of warranty they offer.
I've emailed them, but where is it? Am I just missing it?

You could check out www.kydivinghq.com I bought my comp there and got a decent deal on it. But I am not really sure how they compare to some other places. I have not researched it lately as I have grown quite happy with these guys service and help, I don't bother to shop any longer.

Per Aqualung US, the only official distributor of Suunto dive computers in the US, warranties are only valid when the product is purchase from an authorized retailer, all of whom are prohibited from selling online. Also prohibit any other mail order transactions. This means face to face over the counter only. Your choices are:
1) After finding lowest price, say from LP, see if your LDS will match it. Some will, some won't.
2) Buy from a European internet store like www.scubastore.com. Just be prepared to send it back to Spain if you need service.
3) Buy from a manufacturer that allows internet sales and competitive pricing (this eliminates Suunto and Uwatec in the US). Make sure too that you send a complaint to the FTC and your state's attorney general. Practices that companies like Aqualung engage in are illegal (price fixing, warranty law violations, etc) but aren't going to change unless enough people complain.

There's a link at the top of this page to divetank suunto supply. They don't have prices posted-you have to call. They also aren't claiming to be autorized dealers but their inhouse warranty looks pretty impressive, including lifetime battery replacement.

yknot:
3) Buy from a manufacturer that allows internet sales and competitive pricing (this eliminates Suunto and Uwatec in the US). Make sure too that you send a complaint to the FTC and your state's attorney general. Practices that companies like Aqualung engage in are illegal (price fixing, warranty law violations, etc) but aren't going to change unless enough people complain.

I alway thought price fixing by manufacturers was illegal, in the US as well as in Aust. I went to buy a Suunto computer from my lds the other day, and they woudln't give me a discount (they do on everything else), because they said Suunto wouldn't allow it. It's about time this was stopped.

where?

yknot:
There's a link at the top of this page to divetank suunto supply. They don't have prices posted-you have to call. They also aren't claiming to be autorized dealers but their inhouse warranty looks pretty impressive, including lifetime battery replacement.

cra2:
www.divetank.net

The online dealers, such as www.scubastore.com, that offer a Suunto unit online with a warranty are European web sites. The warranty, while for the product in question, is a European warranty. Any warranty service will have to be performed in Europe. This may or may not appeal to you but a forum search will turn up this specific issue and give you an idea as to how it has worked for others. Us and European warranties are different in a lot of cases so read them first to see what is covered.

Note to Aussie Diver: this is price fixing and it is illegal, at least in the US. This will change when either the FTC/US Attorney General takes an interest or when one of the manufacturers loses a civil suit and has to pay damages. I suggest you complain to whatever part of your government is responsible for these matters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom