Suunto Vytec Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveTrain:
Anybody else have any problems with the transmitter. I am looking at going with the vytec with AI but have heard there are problems with the wireless transmitter not necesariy with the vytec but transmitters in general. Every time there was no mention of the manufacturer so I'm not sure if it's primarely certain models or manufactures. Any real time users with any transmitter?

Almost 200 dives, never lost signal from the transmitter.

Quarrior:
My Vytec has the transmitter and I haven't had a problem with it, but, I also have an SPG. I would never ever dive with just the transmitter, just to risky for my taste.

Right, I'm thinking the same thing. I was wanting redundant air readings and since I was looking at upgrading my computer the AI transmitter fits with what I want to do. I also want to chart my air consumption during dives so that means AI. With the SPG I should have best of both worlds.

I like it, but be sure you know how to resync the transmitter! Many times I've gotten all my gear ready to go, synced up the transmitter only to have to wait a while for everyone else to get ready. After several minutes of no pressure change the transmitter shuts off. You have to change the pressure (i.e. hit your reg once) and then press a sequence of buttons on the watch to get it to look for a signal again.

I am vert happy with my SUUNTO. I hope you like it as well. The software is good and the downloading is easy enough.

All the best,

Paul

I have a vytec and a d9 and never had a problem with the transmitter on either computer after many dives. You will love this computer wheather it's rec or tec diving your into. As a little test I setup my regs and synced my vytec with the transmitter and had someone breath air from the reg while I walked away. I got up to 3 meters away before the signal started to drop out a little.

Warren_L:
Almost 200 dives, never lost signal from the transmitter.

Hi.

I'm interested in your reg setup.

I don't like wearing equipment on my wrists so right now i attach my vytec to my BC inflator hose, but i find its a bit close to my face so i have a hard time seeing it properly.

At some point i'll be forced to wear a wrist compass, but as i said, i hate wearing stuff on my wrists.

Im at a loss in how to configure my reg set right now

I use to attach my computer to my consol hose, but with the air transmitter i don't use the consol any more

so im looking for a way to attach my computer and compass to a hose

got any idea's i'd love to hear them.

christopher

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom