tank questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And I bet you, like me, have a great meal waiting waiting for you when you're done!

Exactly, that and a cold beer!:D And sometimes, I even get some sweet desserts!:wink:

thanks for all the great advice, i do think that getting a slightly smaller steel tank will help greatly, when we dove steel 80's before she did seem to feel it was a bit heavy but was able to make it back to the car without assistance needed. I'm with you guys, it was tough enough convincing my wife to get certified in the first place, she likes the actual diving but doesn't like the walk down or back up, so if i can make every part of the dive as easy as possible, then maybe she won't mind diving more often.

Some local information: Any Water Sports in San Jose has a couple of 80HP tanks in their rental stock if you want to try them out. They are very popular so you need to reserve them early. PM me if you need more information.

thanks for all the great advice, i do think that getting a slightly smaller steel tank will help greatly, when we dove steel 80's before she did seem to feel it was a bit heavy but was able to make it back to the car without assistance needed. I'm with you guys, it was tough enough convincing my wife to get certified in the first place, she likes the actual diving but doesn't like the walk down or back up, so if i can make every part of the dive as easy as possible, then maybe she won't mind diving more often.
DING DING DING

Reading between the lines, some of us "got" it!

But now that you know you have to carry the tank(s), Al is looking better and better, right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom