Tasmania fatality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Scuba diver drowns off Tasmania
A man has drowned while scuba diving off Tasmania, the fourth diving fatality in Australian waters in as many days.

The 49-year-old Lenah Valley man was scuba diving around Visscher Island, northeast of Marion Bay, when his diving companions found him unresponsive in the water around 1.20pm on Saturday.

Paramedics later pronounced him dead.

His death follows three others who died on scuba diving trips on the Great Barrier Reef in far north Queensland.

Interesting read. My thoughts are the coroner's findings are probably as close as we will ever get to knowing what happened. My thoughts are all who knew Eric. I think I might have meet him many years ago when I dived with the club, I certainly know James and found them all to be very competent divers. My thoughts are with Tassi Devil Diver after this sad event.

Very sad read- of what started as a very pleasant dive and ended badly. My thoughts are with his family and co-divers. But worrying how rebreather popularity is also showing it's risk side too ( sometimes fatal ) am sure the guy knew what he was doing and his diving skills were spot on. Sad accident. K

Recent talk about gag straps on the Fiona's death...this here makes me think they are actually a good thing to have.

Back
Top Bottom