Tech pocket for SM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cave Adventurers - Dive Rite Thigh Pocket with Daisy Chain - Marianna, Florida USA - Never Undersold!

I'm a huge fan of that one. It has a unique webbing that sticks to your exposure suit so it stays in place pretty well. You can rotate it to whatever position you want/need, and it unclips quite easily if you need it to. I.e. you have a bunch of stuff you need for the big part of the dive, but you are about to go into a tight squeeze, so you can drop that pocket off by strapping it around a stage bottle, go do the squeeze, and can come back to it.

Going off of GUE's pocket contents
Left pocket- extra double enders, stage leash, trauma shears, spool, light
Right pocket-spare mask, safety reel, wet notes, etc etc.

My pocket has the extra double enders, stage leash, trauma sheers, spool/SMB if I'm carrying one, backup light, and wet notes. I have no problem doffing any of those items because on my rig I have all of the spools/reels I'm planning for, my cookie leash, and everything else is stowed. I have cutting devices elsewhere, and don't carry a wrench or backup mask. To be completely honest, I don't carry that pocket on every dive, only on the big ones where I would need that amount of stuff with me. Normal 2 ish hour dives, I can get everything I actually NEED on my harness with the exception of wet notes, but my wrist slate is good enough for those kinds of dives.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom