Teric BlueTooth w/ MacBookPro Failed Scanning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vsc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have two different Apple MacBook Pro (MBP) laptops which have the same issue with respect to failed scanning for the Teric after the MBP comes out of sleep. A cold start of the MBP or rebooting cures the problem until next time I wake the machine to download new dives.

Disabling / reenabling BlueTooth from the OS's control panel has no effect.

With respect to MBP versions a mid-2015, as well as a late-2013 both have the same issue. From an OS-X / MacOS version perspective, all versions of MacOS 12 as well as all versions of the prior MacOS (v11).

In short has anyone else seen this behavior?

In short has anyone else seen this behavior?
I'd say yes, though not specific to Macs. Lots have reported issues with Windows as well. I've found it to be more consistent using an iPhone. So, I usually use SW Cloud Mobile for firmware updates, and Subsurface Mobile for logs.

For reference here is what Shearwater had to say on this topic. My take is this is an Apple issue.

we are aware of this issue.
There is nothing we can do about it, unfortunately.

Same issue for me and same solution. I download to my IPhone 12 and then sync my dives. I have tried both an older MacBook Pro and a MacBook Air and it is very inconsistent. My friend said he has had success with the supplied dongle on his MacBook

Same issue here. Gave up and started using my phone for all syncs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom