Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.3%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 35 19.3%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.0%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a Teric last year. Took it on some trips, had no problems at all.

Last time I used it (October 2023), I charged it to 100% before putting it away. Every couple of months I have been putting it on the charger for a couple of hours.

I just pulled it out again. The battery is about 30% and it won't charge any higher than that. It's been sitting on the charger all night, still at about 30%.

Wow. I haven’t heard such charging problem. You may want to talk to Richard at Dive-Tronix.

I have had Teric #8 since mid-January and took it on its first dive trip down to Florida. It has now been in storage for 31 days since being fully charged. It remained at 100% for 10 days and has gradually decreased to 82% today. So far, so good.
View attachment 830398
-0.58% over entire 31 days
-0.86% over 21 days since fell below 100%
I'm now sadly 57 days out since full charge, recovering from a medical procedure. Battery loss has been reasonably linear since falling below 100%. I think plots like this might be interesting as this computer gets older and has more use.
1711976174363.png

I just checked mine as I'm putting them on the charger.

I charged both my Terics to 100% on March 1 (IIRC). Took them both in the water on every dive of a liveaboard in the Red Sea, March 4 - 11. They've just been sitting since I got home. The lowest one is still at 28% charge.

Charging them now in prep to leave for Truk Lagoon on next Monday... :D

Just got my Teric back from Dive-Tronix, absolutely fantastic service from A to Z.

Bought my Teric in June/July of 2019. We don't do a ton of diving, just a dive trip or two a year. In 2021 I noticed inconsistent charge/discharge behavior from the computer. It discharge at a faster rate than before and when put on the charger would quickly charge to 100, only to drop to low 90s as soon as it went off the charger. Eventually it would go back to mostly normal. I should have RMAed it then, but it was before a trip so I just rolled with it and then forgot once I got back home.

Fast forward to Nov 2023, during our Socorro trip, this behavior got much worse. It would drop from fully charged to below 30 with a day. Charging would go from 30 to 70 to 100, then drop into the 80s once off the charger. After getting home I did what I should have done in `21, send it off to Richard at Dive-Tronix.

Had the battery replaced and depth sensor upgraded under the general maintenance plan. They also replaced the broken wristband, threw in extra screen protectors and a storage case (I only sent in the watch and the broken band). Turnaround time was just a few days. Just powered it up after three days and it's still showing 100%.

Getting the wife a Tern TX before our next trip to replace her trusty (but horribly un-intuive) Oceanic, hopefully battery issues were ironed out.

I bought a Teric last year. Took it on some trips, had no problems at all.

Last time I used it (October 2023), I charged it to 100% before putting it away. Every couple of months I have been putting it on the charger for a couple of hours.

I just pulled it out again. The battery is about 30% and it won't charge any higher than that. It's been sitting on the charger all night, still at about 30%.
Hi @Doc Harry

How did this work out?

How did this work out?
I left the Teric on the charger and forgot about it. About a week later it was 100% charged. I don't how fast it got to 100%.

I took the Teric to Cozumel for 10 days of diving. Just returned home yesterday. The Teric seemed to work just fine. It dropped to 75% after about 5 days, so I charged it again. Charging seems to be working fine as well.

Back
Top Bottom