The "ghetto" Scuba Camera set-up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And you know what, I take that back. Ghetto my left foot. I paid top dollar for that iPhone and I already use it for everything from banking, finances, reading books/scuba magazines, gps, Ski Maps, booking trips, scanning for deals in the store, etc. I'm going to get every penny out of Apple I can...as long as I have insurance that will cover this sort of accident...in 20 feet of water only though.

Good luck. You may be able to get "every penny" out of it, but for most everything except for the basic stuff, it will end up being only a half-assed solution.

And you know what, I take that back. Ghetto my left foot. I paid top dollar for that iPhone and I already use it for everything from banking, finances, reading books/scuba magazines, gps, Ski Maps, booking trips, scanning for deals in the store, etc. I'm going to get every penny out of Apple I can...as long as I have insurance that will cover this sort of accident...in 20 feet of water only though.
You may want to re-read your AppleCare policy:

4. What is not Covered?
4.1 Hardware Service. Apple may restrict service to the Covered Equipment’s original
Country of Purchase. The Plan does not apply to:
(i) Installation, removal or disposal of the Covered Equipment, or provision of
equipment while the Covered Equipment is being serviced;
(ii) Damage caused by (a) a product that is not the Covered Equipment, (b) accident,
abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external causes, (c) operating
the Covered Equipment outside the permitted or intended uses described by the
manufacturer,

Supposedly, this case will stay dry up to 100 feet and it only cost $6, so you know it's not made in the USA or anything.

You are probably right, made in the usa it would cost $30, your local bank would give you a consumer equity loan on it at 100X face value so you can buy another plasma screen, the loan would be packaged and sold to Fanny Mae and get a AAA rating, cut in principle and interest tranches and resold by Morgan Stanley to European investor as a high grade structured consumer investment credit product...

I am out the door:rofl3:

Please post back and tell us how well (or badly) it worked if you do decide to try it :p And I would go for the Go Pro cameras. They have cases that are made for the water and they are a lot cheaper than I thought they would be.

and what happens when you flood it with salt-water and you have a catastrophic failure and lose all the data on your phone?

Good luck and don't forget about the Whine and Cheese forum

John N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom