"The Last Dive"...anyone else read it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quest once bubbled...

Yeup, i agree....

The one thing i disagree with is (and im not sure if it was the seeker or the wahoo) is the story in "Last Dive" where they said that a diver died and wasnt liked on the vessell and they knew if they called it in the dive trip would be over. So instead they stuck the dead diver in his sleeping bag and filled it with ice and continued to dive.

I didnt think that was very appropriate and i sure wished the USCG shut down what ever dive operation that was.

I think this refers to the Ornsby incident off the Wahoo. I know they continued to dive after the incident, b/c Billy Deans talks reflects upon that decision near the end of Deep Descent. And I'm not sure that they *didn't* notify the CG. My understanding from reading the books in question is that the CG will not scramble if the diver is brought up on board dead...if there is a chance the diver can be saved, they will, but otherwise no.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom