The New(er) LTZ and Weight Plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveAv8r

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings Everyone!

I recently purchased the new Nomad LTZ and associated new LTZ weight plate from Dive Rite. I got it in the pool yesterday, and I figured I would share my (very happy) thoughts with those interested...

I am extremely happy with this BCD, and the weight plate is perfect to distribute the weight around. The weight plate is a single stack of three weight pockets that attach to the center of the BCD between the shoulder straps and weistband. It lines up with my back, situated between my back and the underside of the bladder. The plate is a soft but firm back, and I did not feel it at all with either a 3 mil wesuite or a thin dive shirt... The weight distribution was perfect for me, and I was able to trim out in the water without thinking about it too much. I will try to attach some photos here...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

My configuration: In the pool, I dove in a 3 mil (then swimsuit and dive skin) with two AL80s - starting at 1400 psi. An RX17+ can light was attached to the buttplate. Weights - I had 3 lbs on each tank, then 3 lbs in the upper spine (weight plate) pocket. I was overweight for the pool - but I expect a 3 mil in salt water that would work out just right. The tanks slung exactly where they should be, though they did have some slop due to the ring bungee system. According to the fine folks at Dive Rite, this is to be expected - especially with AL80s - and from a cave diving perspective is actully somewhat desirable. I am not a cave diver (yet) so I am still thinking about wether or not to switch to a bungee...

I also dove the new ES155 mask and loved that too - the field of view is fantastic, and the new material feels very good. I noted that unlike other masks, I didnt feel a pinch on the bottom of my nose from the mask pulling up against the septum.

I do not have any photos of me underwater, but my buddy took a bunch of video with a GoPro. Ill try to do a couple of screen grabs and post if people are interested...

I am extremely happy with my purchase, and look forward to taking it in the water next week in a drysuit :)

I also wanted to sincerely thank Kenny at Dive Rite, who very patiently answered all of my many questions, and the good folks at Dive Magic in Boise (Mike, Kathy, Mary and Jenny) - my very friendly local dive shop - for being long time Dive Rite dealers and allowing me to play in their pool :)

DiveAv8r,
We glad that you enjoyed your Nomad LTZ as much as we do! As always feel free to contact us with any questions.

Safe Diving,
Jared

This is exaclty what i need! But it was not soo clear, from my point of view, how exactly you attached the weight plate. How did you fix the top and bottom parts of weight plate in the bcd? It seems there is no room to do it. Im going to buy by Nomad LTZ few weeks from now. A Weight Plate between the bcd and the backs is an awesome solution! Could you please tell me where i can find those plates? (any advice of brands or models, etc..) ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom