The new Scubapro Mk 21 !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does it come with a crappy recessed dust cap that has a reservoir for the retention of sea water?

Just bought this 1st stage and I can't wait to try this as well but luckily I have a trip to the Red Sea coming up in April. Therefore, can't say much about this regulator yet but hopefully it's as good as other regulators that Scubapro has released so far. A few more experienced diving friends of mine recommended me to buy this also while I was choosing between this and Aqualung Titan 1st stage. Although the Aqualung one was slightly cheaper price wise I still went with the MK21 considering Scubapro's high standards and just to have a little faith on their newest regulator. Got a pretty good deal for it from those guys - divestock.com. I think it's a Finnish store or something but the product came to me in one piece and customer service responded quite quickly also.

If I still can't buy parts for it then no thanks, it's worthless to me.

Eric, your post is quite sarcastic and out of character. First, why pee on the enthusiasm of the poster's purchase? He is really happy with it. Second, the poster is in the EU so he can buy parts. Third, most divers do not service their own equipment.

Eric, your post is quite sarcastic and out of character. First, why pee on the enthusiasm of the poster's purchase? He is really happy with it. Second, the poster is in the EU so he can buy parts. Third, most divers do not service their own equipment.
Hey, if the poster likes it and is thrilled then I'm happy for him.

I said for me its worthless because of SP's policy. I don't care if it's the greatest reg on earth, if I can't buy parts then unfortunately I can't use it, it's a shame. Until SP decides to sell parts ligitimately to it's consumers I can't use any of their products unless it's a model that I can find re-popped parts or new stock for example MK5/109-156. My other regs like my Conshelfs or my Hog, no problem getting parts.

Nobody works on my stuff but me.
My personal policy.

Hey, if the poster likes it and is thrilled then I'm happy for him.

I said for me its worthless because of SP's policy. I don't care if it's the greatest reg on earth, if I can't buy parts then unfortunately I can't use it, it's a shame. Until SP decides to sell parts ligitimately to it's consumers I can't use any of their products unless it's a model that I can find re-popped parts or new stock for example MK5/109-156. My other regs like my Conshelfs or my Hog, no problem getting parts.

Nobody works on my stuff but me.
My personal policy.

This thread is about the MK-21, not about Scubapro's parts policy. Your personal policy on regulator service has no bearing on whether this is a good or bad regulator.

You are also being hypocritical. While HOG sells parts direct no questions asked, Aqualung does not. You need to purchase their kits on the grey market the same as Scubapro's. If you look in the classified section on Scubaboard or eBay you will see people selling parts. I can purchase a MK-25 kit off eBay or Scubabaord for $30 which is the same as what Conshelf kits go for.

I also share your dislike for Scubapro's part policy, however this thread is not the place to vent our anger.

This thread is about the MK-21, not about Scubapro's parts policy. Your personal policy on regulator service has no bearing on whether this is a good or bad regulator.

You are also being hypocritical. While HOG sells parts direct no questions asked, Aqualung does not. You need to purchase their kits on the grey market the same as Scubapro's. If you look in the classified section on Scubaboard or eBay you will see people selling parts. I can purchase a MK-25 kit off eBay or Scubabaord for $30 which is the same as what Conshelf kits go for.

I also share your dislike for Scubapro's part policy, however this thread is not the place to vent our anger.
I can buy parts for my Conshelfs from North East Scuba Supply all day long. I don't know if it violates AL policy or not and frankly don't care. All I know is I can get the stuff I need from a dive shop and that's ligitimate enough for me.

The only reason I'm still upset over SP policy and why SP cheerleading threads irk me is because I was heavily invested in SP regs at one time. Once I got wiser and learned about some of their alledged shenanigans and the full reality of their policies, I felt taken by the authorized dealer dive shop (crappy services) and by SP. So now I'm stuck with a bunch of regs that I have to pay more for parts than all my other regs and have to find a unreliable black market source (never know what I'm going to get) if I want to keep them going.
A portion of my living comes from paid underwater work and I need stuff when I need it.

But you're right, I shouldn't piss on the OP's thread, he loves his reg.
I'm going to step off now and go away.

Back
Top Bottom