the nicest mask for my woman.

Discussion in 'Fins, Masks and Snorkels' started by C0mbatCarl, Jul 7, 2011.

1. C0mbatCarl

C0mbatCarl Angel Fish

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    My girlfriend is a fairly small woman. I am curious as to what masks are the nicest or most comfortable for a narrow faced individual be it a woman or teenager.

2. MrsBBC

MrsBBC Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    She could try the Atomic Aquatics Frameless mask in medium; it comes in standard and medium. My mask has black frame and skirt, but I think there is a clear version too.
    The medium has the same, low profile and incredible field of vision as the larger one, but the skirt is trimmed to fit a smaller face.
    Comfy skirt too.

The Aqualung Micromask is also very comfy on a small slim face. Buut I preferred the field of vision from the Atomic.

3. eelnoraa

eelnoraa DIR Practitioner

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    mask is one thing that I must try on before buying. The nicest mask is one that fit. It is a very personal thing. So go to your LDSs, try on every mask and see for herself.

4. hypertech

hypertech Divemaster

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
  5. wilderydude83

wilderydude83 Barracuda

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Small facial features/ head = oceanic shadow mini. frameless and low volume

6. Splitlip

Splitlip Surface Interval Member

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Search Free Diving masks. Omer, Sporasub and others. Mares and I believe Cressi are now doing the Sporasubs.

7. amw5g

amw5g Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Certainly try on. But for what it's worth, my petite gal has a small face and really digs her Mares x-vision w/ liquid skin. I believe she got the smaller of the two sizes. She says it's her favorite piece of equipment.

8. buddhasummer

buddhasummer Divemaster

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    As others have said, fit is most important, I have a small and narrow face and found the Atomic frameless medium to be a perfect fit. Its my favourite mask to date. I bought the Mares x vision liquid but on me it leaked
    horribly, I left it in Thailand.