The Official Blue Springs War is Bad for Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its open. I dove there yesterday and am diving there again today. The porta-pots have been removed but at least we can still dive.

So now I am looking at driving to Hopkinsville to Penny Royal to dive. just as far as Blue Springs.

I dive frequently at Pennyroyal. If you are ever down there, I'm not teaching & you need a buddy,... look me up. I'm sure Wally (crpntr133) will vouch for me.:D

Well I am curious as to the deal with this place. I am in Louisville and the only dive hole here has turned into a joke. it is nothing put kids partying and drinking and floating, stirring up the water, leaving trash, cussing and yelling. there are no air fill station, or anything to warrent the cost to enter the facility to dive. Now if I want to party and drink this is a great place to go.

So now I am looking at driving to Hopkinsville to Penny Royal to dive. just as far as Blue Springs.

I'm with ya. I actually live in LaGrange and I'm looking at a drive to get to somewhere to dive myself.

Pennyroyal is a nice place with air fills and even some dive supplies. The drive is about the same for us as well.

I tried Blue Springs last weekend and the gate was locked, YMMV but I'd go with Pennyroyal...

PS: If you go to Pennyroyal be sure to look Tammy up. It's her local watering hole so she can show you around the place. Couldn't ask for a better dive buddy.

I don't even know who Rick is?

It's either open or it's not!

It's open but I guess that depends on the day of the week, time of day you are there. I'm sure there are hours when the gate is locked. That would seem normal for most places to only be open during business hours, whatever those are.

Anybody know if Blue Springs will be open for divers on the 31st of august? Do we know how to call the owner to make sure?

Have there been any updates on the status?

It's open but I guess that depends on the day of the week, time of day you are there. I'm sure there are hours when the gate is locked. That would seem normal for most places to only be open during business hours, whatever those are.

It's been a couple of years since I last visited Blue Springs but one of the aspects I most appreciated was that it was open 24/7 using the honor system with a waiver and lock box for the entrance fee. I've dove there several times late at night when we had the place to ourselves. I'm guessing that those days are over?

Sorry for the thread necrophilia, but I'm curious if anyone knows any update on Blue Springs in Indiana.

Sorry for the thread necrophilia, but I'm curious if anyone knows any update on Blue Springs in Indiana.

Hope the find a TV producer soon. This is better than most citcom's.

Back
Top Bottom