Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

166.jpg193.jpg196.jpgFound a couple a weeks ago in Bahamas hoped to find some old coins .The oldest find was probably the copper square nail and the gin bottle from the 1800's. Found 3 copper coins that were so worn couldn't make out any thing. 3 gold rings 1 silver earing with 12 diamonds 2 titanium rings many new coins. The diving and people were great .Thanks to Nick and Karen at Sun Odyssey Divers for renting the tanks and the great boat dive.

Found a tank without a valve inside a wreck. It had fallen thru about a 1' x 2' hole in the bottom and was sitting on the sand underneath.

Always wondered how it got there.

One fin (left foot)
An awesome titanium dive knife with shealth.
A yellow underwater flashlight.

I always find stuff at Radio Island. One time I thought I found a SCUBA tank!

I got a red 80 and was in a hurry to get in the water so I didn't soak the strap on the BCD first. It was tight when I put the tank on but it loosened when the strap got wet and expanded. By that time I was used to finding stuff on the rock jetty so I was in the habit of looking for stuff. So I'm pecking around on the jetty looking at the cool coral and stuff and the tank floats off my BCD. Out of the corner of my eye I see some movement and look over and see a red 80 floating past. "WOW! Now I have TWO scuba tanks. And this one is red, too, just like mine! What's the odds of that?" But once the tank floated a little further away and started tugging on the regulator in my mouth, I realized where the tank came from. :)

On my first OW during training I found a Go-Pro!!!

I can't believe I have yet to see this post until now, but by far the coolest thing I (actually myself and 2 other divers) have ever found, was a fuel pod from a F86 Fighter Jet, dating all the way back to the Korean War. I was training my Fire Department on use of the new Sonar we purchased back several years ago and we spotted it on a return. So we decided to dive it. We first thought it was just a pontoon off a boat until we raised it and noticed there was a gas line attached. We later contacted our local Airport and they confirmed what it was.

536089_255905897858361_1845736240_n (1).jpg
560583_255905964525021_784283490_n (1).jpg
601322_255905847858366_117459807_n (1).jpg

I found a very "Orange Quench" bottle recently. Very old canoe...only the ribs of it remained. More fishing tackle than I can count. Bicycles, cell phones and other assorted crap!

Back
Top Bottom