Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only thing I've found so far was just a small torch. Not a bad find, right? Well, after the dive, we waited at the boat at the dive site for some 30 minutes, I thought we were just waiting for the next dive. THEN, one guide jumped back in and up (I didn't care to ask), and then I said to everyone "hey I remembered I found a torch at bottom! Look!"

And at that moment it was revealed that the guy went back down to find HIS lost torch....MY new found torch!

Oh well......lol :D :eyebrow:

Grapnel dinghy anchor
Dive light
Integrated weight
Balast bags of sand from hot air balloon
Fishing weights
Empty beer bottles
Sail boat!

A bike, likely accidentally dropped from a yacth. It was pretty shining. Hoisting on the boat we broke a couple of spokes...
Captain kept it: it didn't fit in the baggage and into flight weight limits...

Stainless Steel Delta Plow Anchor with 30 feet of galvanized chain in perfect condition. Retail value $1400, now posted for sale on Craig's List, too big for my boat.

Here are a couple of my most recent (notable) finds. I put the ring picture on facebook and you wouldn't believe the comments.

Our watershed authority called me earlier this week and asked me to find a gas cap off a boat. Told me it cost $70. That's an expensive gas cap. I should have kept it. lol

2 fishing rods.
A shifter.
2 knives
A police badge
A snorkel
And a "force fin" bit it had an octopus in it so i decided to leave it alone.

I found a 88 Fox body Mustang in a old quarry nobody dives, way back up in the woods. The Odometer only read 20,000 miles. My dive buddy got a picture of the VIN. Found out it was reported stolen in 89. Sure was a strange sight at 75ft.

Today I found 15 golf balls, some sunglasses a scuba mask and a occy holder necklace.

I found a brass boltsnap and a quarter. On the drive home I also found that the starter in the truck just died.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom