Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Fish in question is a (Novaculichthys taeniourus) Juvi Dragon Wrasse

Apparently I cant post a pic since I don't have enough posts, But just goggle it to confirm.

The Fish in question is a (Novaculichthys taeniourus) Juvi Dragon Wrasse

Apparently I cant post a pic since I don't have enough posts, But just goggle it to confirm.

Welcome to Scuba Board. Thank you very much for the information!

I did google the fish, and wow! Vanautu even has a 50 cent postage stamp made in honor of this fish. The adult versions of this fish are rare here in Okinawa, Japan.

Thumbnails Summary

Thanks again

Cuda Smile, what did you do with the explosives? Did you salvage them or leave them?

Up date on the 1000lbs sea mine that I found from WWII, 1945. The mine was to be dentonated via electronic control. The battery is long dead and the mine is inert. The Japanese Coast Guard cleaned of the mine and attached a bouy to it so that it is easy to find near Devils Cove, Yomitan, Okinawa, Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. I beleive that EOD will recover this mine soon.

Attachments

• modDSC_0763.jpg
    modDSC_0763.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 2,284
I found a Snorkel in great shape 25 ft . All my nephew needs now is a mask to go with it..

I can't tell if its a Suzuki,Yamaha or Honda. 40fsw about 200yds out from Mizugama (kadena north) Okinawa.

Attachments

• underwater structures.jpg
    underwater structures.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 3,822
I found a small boat propeller in a lake with two feet of visibility. Suddenly, there it is!
I also found a mask with prescription optical lenses at Key Largo. Since I could not see any better with the mask, I traded it for a $50 credit on my diving. Likely worth much more, but I wasn't going to sell it on my own.

For widest dissemination. The Yomitan Village Government, Okinawa, Japan is asking for
cooperation for disposal of unexploded ordnance by the Japanese Maritime
Self Defense Force, at a point in the water area off Torii Beach and Kadena
Marina around 10:30 on February 5, Thursday. The water area of a
3,000-meter radius from the detonation point
(26゜21.6' N and 127゜44.0' E, 20 meters deep) will be off limits from 09:00
till completion of the operation (around noon). With inclement weather, the
operation will be done at the same time on February 6, Friday.

Attachments

• img-128111617-0001.pdf
    301.1 KB · Views: 130
many years ago i found a OW student with less than 30bar/435psi of air....that was a quick end to our dive and an even more interesting time on the surface when we handed him back to his instructor and dm

also found snorkel, knife and lots of anchors...... which my boating brother appreciates

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom