Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About a month ago, I found this really expensive looking air-lock type snorkel at the Camia II site off Boracay. Not particularly close to the ship either, since I was looking for a buoy line to float (that had been cut by local fishermen). At 27m, there it was.

As irony usually goes .... it was lost that same week by the husband of a girl that was diving with us that day. I rejoined the group back at the wreck and she immediately saw it, his name was stenciled neatly across the tube - they had bought the full monte'. Matching twinkie sets of fitted gear, customized color/naming, before coming for their OW/AOW cert.

Somewhere, there's Murphy, sitting quietly in the corner making more laws. Somebody should shoot him.

A wallet with $150 AD (waterproof money is a great idea) heaps of credit cards etc.... managed to track down the owner (took some effort as he had moved and not changed his Driver's License address) He got everything back and could barely force himself to say thanks!

Like everyone else... heaps of fishing gear

This is the last views of a 1000lb sea mine from WWII. It will be blown up on 5 Feb 09 between 0900hrs and 1200 hrs by Japanese EOD. Today was a great shore dive. The mine is marked by a yellow bouy 300 meters due west from Devils Cove/Yomitan/Okinawa/Okinawa Prefecture/Japan. After taking pictures and video of the sea mine we then swam subsurface toward shore and then dove the wreck near Devils Cove.

Divers remember that there will be a 3000 meter underwater safety limit and a 300 meter above water safety limit on land will be emplaced on the 5 Feb 09.

Attachments

• IMG_5773.JPG
    IMG_5773.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_5790.JPG
    IMG_5790.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_5791.JPG
    IMG_5791.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_5792.JPG
    IMG_5792.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 173
I found a rather large scale in a deep N. Idaho lake this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_0846 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    IMG_0846 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_0841 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    IMG_0841 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 247
Tires off of a Willies M151 Jeep from the invasion of Okinawa 1945 during WWII. We found the tires and muffler off of Gala Beach 700 meters south of Bolo PT (Cape Zampa)/Yomitan/Okinawa/Okinawa Prefecture/Japan

Attachments

• IMG_5843.JPG
    IMG_5843.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_5842.JPG
    IMG_5842.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 232
My dive buddy found a 4.2 inch mortar from WWII today Butterfly Wall/Ie Island/Okinawa/Okinawa Prefecture/Japan This is the island where the famous reporter Ernie Pyle was killed by a sniper during the invasion of Okinawa.

Attachments

• IMG_5867.JPG
    IMG_5867.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 544
Here is the final outcome to the Sea Mine that Katamuki and I found in November. The Japanese Sea Mine is from WWII (1945). Mongodives and I took this video after the Japanese Coast Guard cleaned the coral off of the mine. Here is the final video and the detonation from Devils Cove/Yomitan/Okinawa/Okinawa Prefecture/Japan

YouTube - Da Bomb

Attachments

• DSC05137.jpg
    DSC05137.jpg
    402 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_5790.jpg
    IMG_5790.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 228
Call me lucky, but I keep finding full 40 cu ft brightly colored bottles of 100% O2 outside of Devil's eye at Ginnie Springs...I have probably gotten about 20 or 30 of them over the years...with working regs and everything!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom