Question Tight Window Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
TodG23

TodG23

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking for a Cozumel Dive Shop that can accommodate a 2-tank dive between 11:00 and 5:00 on November 21. The Celebrity Summit docks at 10:00 and departs at 6:00 leaving little time to explore these beautiful waters. Most shops seem to have 10:00 departures which won't work in this case.

Any helpful suggestions are appreciated!

Cheers,

Tod

I'm looking for a Cozumel Dive Shop that can accommodate a 2-tank dive between 11:00 and 5:00 on November 21. The Celebrity Summit docks at 10:00 and departs at 6:00 leaving little time to explore these beautiful waters. Most shops seem to have 10:00 departures which won't work in this case.

Any helpful suggestions are appreciated!
Does the cruise line not offer a diving excursion? With an unconventional window of opportunity like that it might be better to go with a cruise sponsored trip if there is one rather than to strike out on your own.

Blue Angel has a boat that sometimes goes out in that timeframe, but I don't think BA plans its schedule very far in advance and they are unlikely to schedule it to fit you since it is a larger boat that they use to cater to the hotel guests.

I would only do a cruise sponsored trip in that window. A breakdown means missed boat and big $. You may find a 1 tank afternoon dive but again may miss boarding if issues arise. Plus are you bringing your own gear? Fitting a wetsuit and BCD, fins... takes time.

Does the cruise line not offer a diving excursion? With an unconventional window of opportunity like that it might be better to go with a cruise sponsored trip if there is one rather than to strike out on your own.

Blue Angel has a boat that sometimes goes out in that timeframe, but I don't think BA plans its schedule very far in advance and they are unlikely to schedule it to fit you since it is a larger boat that they use to cater to the hotel guests.
I thought BA used No Problem specifically for divers coming from cruise ships.

I thought BA used No Problem specifically for divers coming from cruise ships.
No, not when I have been there, anyway, which is for a couple of weeks every spring.

How many of you? Dive with Martin - great operator, one of the oldest in-town, has 10:30 departure 2-tank dive option, but requires a certain number of folks. Message them to see,

I appreciate your BA suggestion. This cruise doesn't sponsor a scuba trip.

How many of you? Dive with Martin - great operator, one of the oldest in-town, has 10:30 departure 2-tank dive option, but requires a certain number of folks. Message them to see,
Thanks for your suggestions. Just me, but, I'll check out Martin.

@TodG23 hope you are able to find something that works for you. Would you please let us know what you end up with, so we'll have an idea for future reference?

And if you aren't able to work out a boat trip, you might consider at least getting in a shore dive with ScubaJuan (based in Hotel Barracuda, guide daytime shore dives $25 - includes tanks & weights, may require 2 divers or pay for 2) or perhaps Jungle Divers ($50 - near Tikila bar/grill). While Cozumel is not known for its shore diving (as Bonaire and Curacao are), I've had some good dives seeing a variety of creatures at both of those locations.

Back
Top Bottom