Timex Helix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charles R

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just curious I bought this dive watch off ebay 2 months ago for $20 and have taken it on several dives and this this is just as accurate as my $600 Tusa computer so what gives and dose any one else use this as a back up or as a primary depth gage?:dork2:

b263_2.jpg

First of all it does not fulfill the role of a "dive computer". It does serve as a nifty bottom timer with temperature thrown in. I keep on on my console and have a second one on a strap for skin-diving, same for my wife.

You can find lot's of threads on the Helix. Most original batteries are approaching end of life. if yours gets flaky here's a post on the topic.

Pete

Sure. we have used for a while and then it all dies.....

They are good while they last. Good luck and remember not to press the buttons underwater and I suggest you cover the glass face with transparent laminate or tape to protect it from scratches.

*Floater*:
They are good while they last. Good luck and remember not to press the buttons underwater and I suggest you cover the glass face with transparent laminate or tape to protect it from scratches.

You already forgot to say..

Don't bite the watch!!!!!!

Yea, reading the manual is a hoot.

Just curious I bought this dive watch off ebay 2 months ago for $20 and have taken it on several dives and this this is just as accurate as my $600 Tusa computer so what gives and dose any one else use this as a back up or as a primary depth gage?:dork2:

This was my first bottom timer when I was just getting started. I really enjoyed my Helix DM! It got me from Open Water, all the way through Cave 1. It died on me one day, and I replaced it with an Uwatec 330, but not a dive goes by that I don't miss the Helix DM :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom