Tobermory Underwater Waterfall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Stoo : you listening?

Sorry... I've been out diving everyday... in Tobermory. Go figure. The shallows are so warm these days it's ridiculous. I briefly though about going diving in a WETSUIT... but then remembered that I don't actually own one. ;-)

I don't really have much to add about forests and waterfalls beyond what I said in that old post referenced above. If it makes you feel any better, you aren't missing much. The "underwater forest" was just a bunch of stumps that stood anywhere from 6" to maybe 18" high. When we found it, we reported it to the Fathom Five superintendent (now retired) but I don't know that they did anything about it.

The riverbed/waterfall sites are kinda cool when the water is very clear. (You need a "birds-eye view" to appreciate them.

The Park has put a new mooring out at Dunks Point. It's too far out to be marking the old anchor that's stuck near there, so it could conceivably be near the waterfall. Maybe I'll fall off my boat near there and report back in the next few days.

I am looking for a new wreck up near Fitzwilliam Island (home of the San Jacinto) and Jill Heinerth is joining me for a few days next month to lend a hand. I have low expectations, mainly because that area was searched extensively by Paul Lapoint (who found the San Jacinto) but you never know!

This little book is actually a pretty good read about this area, from both a geological and historical perspective:

https://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Water-Sea-Hurons-Georgian/dp/094260301X

Stoo, do you know if Paul LaPoint searched for the J.H. Jones up in that area? She would be right around Cape Hurd.

Stoo, do you know if Paul LaPoint searched for the J.H. Jones up in that area? She would be right around Cape Hurd.

I don't Jared... And I have lost touch with his boys, who probably would know... Sorry.

Would anyone be up for doing Ice Diving there this winter?

Would anyone be up for doing Ice Diving there this winter?

There's folks ice-diving many weekends CS. Although there wasn't enough ice last season other than a very few weekends.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom