TOVATEC IFL WA Zoom Torch ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KJSmith84

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anyone have this light?

Im thinking on trying it out as a dual purpose light using it for when i use my go pro as well.

FL WA Zoom Torch

FL WA Zoom

The IFL WA Zoom is a compact flashlight that features a 220 lumen adjustable angle beam from concentrated to wide angle (9 to 45 degrees) via sliding zoom head or remove the head for a diffused video light (approx 140 degrees). Waterproof to 400 ft / 122 meters with double O-ring seal. (Important: to maintain waterproof seal, be sure to clean and remove debris from O-rings and lightly apply silicone grease before use. Click to go toFlashlight FAQ for more information on maintaining your light.) Great for diving, low cost video light and general usage.

Specifications:
LED: 1 CREE LED
Lumens: 220
LED lifetime: 100,000 hours
Power: 2 CR123 batteries (included)
Burn time: 8 hours
Switch: Magnetic slide
Material: Anodized aluminum
Depth rating: 400 feet / 122 meters
Variable beam angle: from 9 degrees to 45 degrees
Color temp: 5000K ~ 6000K
Dimensions: (6.25 x 1.5) inches
Weight: 8.4 ounces (with batteries)
Model# IFL WA Zoom

IFLWA-Zoom-images (1).jpg

video i found

Just ordered one yesterday, after using one of the ones a dive 'buddy' was using while we were cave diving...I liked it and had been looking for some thing more compact than the UK SL3 eLED/120 lumens/30+ hrs. burn, back-ups I normally carry..... Left it on for 3 1/2 hrs. of diving and played w/the beam and switch [had heard the Intova's had problems w/their switches] w/no problems......Actually turned it on 1/2 hr before dive started and another 1/2 hr. after leaving water w/no fading [new Duracell's]......They're rated for 8 hrs........He's had them for awhile w/no problems and likes them.......He carries two as back-ups, one set on wide beam, one on narrow.......We're both sticklers about gear maintenance, and that might be why there wasn't any problem w/the switches on his.......Other SB members may have experience w/this model........

A friend of mine has one, can't say I was overly impressed, certainly for day diving anyway, it had very little power even at its narrowest setting. Now for clear night tropical diving would probably be great.

That light in the video you have posted is not the IFL WA Zoom
I'm gonna get one for my gopro setup, but everybody has them
on backorder right now. I hope it works, but there is no way to
tell until you get it underwater in the dark. What intrigues me
about the IFL WA Zoom is the fact that you can remove the
adjuster head which gives you a 140degree wide beam.
Even if it is weak, I'm hoping to get good results at least at
close range. If not, I guess I'll have another good primary light.
I have the Wide Angle torch now, and even though its not that
great for video, (only 43degree beam angle) I love it as a dive
light.

I used one down in Roatan (good visibility conditions) - worked well, no complaints.

Hi man,hope this helps
2013-07-13 Durban TBarge Dive - YouTube

This is a clip of our last Deep dive in low vis,you can see when the torch is activated clearly :) The slight reddish tinge on the video is the Red Filter overcompensating with the torch but I haven't had a chance to play with the balance yet

That torch has a removable head,with it on you can slide it to adjust between narrow and wider focus (this video I had it at its widest with the head attached),or you can remove the head for a wider less bright spread

The torch is fairly average till you are in a really dark situation it really shines *laugh*

Was this the same light, IFL WA Zoom, that the OP was asking about. I am very impressed! And just to ask, do you have any videos with the light in tightest to widest beam? Thanks and it looked like a cool dive.

Yep it was the IFL WA Zoom

I don't have any at the moment,but i'll see if I can do some clips this weekend at the quarry

It was quite cool,just sad we were on air so the ndl was tight :)

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

[video=youtube_share;mhM4WRH7fQ0]http://youtu.be/mhM4WRH7fQ0[/video][video=youtube_share;MUF1uT48HnI]http://youtu.be/MUF1uT48HnI[/video][video=youtube_share;-ParlsIcSfg]http://youtu.be/-ParlsIcSfg[/video]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom