Training spots around SF Bay Area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Noemi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

Do you know any diving spots closer to SF Bay than Monterey? I don't mean breathtaking views and amazing depths, just a body of water to practice more, and if it were closer than the ocean at Monterey, it would be amazing.

Is it allowed to dive in San Andreas Lake, Crystal Springs reservoir, Quarry Lakes, or even in the bay somewhere? Do you know other spots like that? Can be shallow and fresh water is no problem, just want to practice more and going to Monterey is not always an option.

Doran beach in Bodega Bay we use it for rescue classes it shallow and nothing but sand but you can usually get in.

Hi,

Do you know any diving spots closer to SF Bay than Monterey? I don't mean breathtaking views and amazing depths, just a body of water to practice more, and if it were closer than the ocean at Monterey, it would be amazing.

Is it allowed to dive in San Andreas Lake, Crystal Springs reservoir, Quarry Lakes, or even in the bay somewhere? Do you know other spots like that? Can be shallow and fresh water is no problem, just want to practice more and going to Monterey is not always an option.

I was wondering the same thing. I used to dive 3x a week in. The Netherlands because there were always many lakes nearby to train. Was hoping to find something easy to get to from San Francisco.

Pinnacles Dive Center in Novato I meant to say

If you are near Pleasanton there is a East Bay Regional Park called Shadow Cliffs that two local dive shops have access to, Anchor Shack in Pacheco does training there and DiveNTrips does training and fun stuff.

I do not believe you can dive there as an individual but must be part of an activity or training with either of the two dive shops mentioned above.

- Gary

Pool is not exactly what I'm looking for, but will take a look anyways.

If you are near Pleasanton there is a East Bay Regional Park called Shadow Cliffs that two local dive shops have access to, Anchor Shack in Pacheco does training there and DiveNTrips does training and fun stuff.
This is much closer to what I need. Thank you, I will check it out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom