Travel costs to Asia from US

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gkrane

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is there any location in Asia that has affordable travel costs from the US? I would like to go there in a few years but seem to find it extremely expensive. I guess I had been mistaken that diving there was fairly inexpensive. I am under the impression that for great diving to avoid Thailand and focus somewhere else. What are the differences between the locations like Bali, RA, and others?

It all depends on your timing & luck sometimes. We found tickets via skyscanner.com this year in May that flew us all the way to Jakarta from lax for less than $700 US. Booked right away of course w lots of restrictions. But ppl on the same plane lax to Tokyo paid more than us! Also none popular season helps. That is only internatinal flight not including demostic flights to. RA.

Diving is seasonal in SE Asia. Therefore you really need to do some home work first eg. when and where would you like to go?

I just flew from the US (out of SFO) to Phuket, Thailand this November for $325. That was a one-way ticket, however my friend booked a round-trip for $650. We also found our tickets on skyscanner, and I had set some price alerts as well for Thailand. I have dove Thailand multiple times and really enjoyed it on the Andaman side, my favorites being out of Khao Lak and Koh Lanta. I would say skip Koh Tao. I don't really have the knowledge to compare it to the other places with only a few dives in Bali. Heading to Philippines soon and can't wait to experience that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom