Trip on Siren -end of July -Advice please?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

We are considering a trip on the Philippine Siren end of July/beginning of August 2016. It covers Malapascua and the Visayas.

I have done a bit of research and it seems that this is rainy/typhoon season in the Philippines. I realise that the Philippines is a wide area, so was trying to see if the area we will be diving has a 'drier' season at this time? I can't imagine the boat running trips in a risky weather season, but all advice would be most welcome.
Thank you

We went to the Visayas last year for 3weeks in June and had perfect weather , the vis , the water temperature were fantastic and there was far more marine life than our previous trips in february. Apparently Malapasacua and the Visayas get most rain from October onwards.

Generally the LOBs avoid areas when the weather is really wet , it's far easier for them when the weather is sunny.

Nothing is certain though with weather anywhere , let alone the tropics.

We went to the Visayas last year for 3weeks in June and had perfect weather , the vis , the water temperature were fantastic and there was far more marine life than our previous trips in february. Apparently Malapasacua and the Visayas get most rain from October onwards.

Generally the LOBs avoid areas when the weather is really wet , it's far easier for them when the weather is sunny.

Nothing is certain though with weather anywhere , let alone the tropics.

Sounds good to me :) . We were going to head back to Komodo, but a friend is doing this trip and It will be fun to join him. It will be a first time visit to the Philippines for us, so your comments are most helpful.

Hello,

We are considering a trip on the Philippine Siren end of July/beginning of August 2016. It covers Malapascua and the Visayas.

I have done a bit of research and it seems that this is rainy/typhoon season in the Philippines. I realise that the Philippines is a wide area, so was trying to see if the area we will be diving has a 'drier' season at this time? I can't imagine the boat running trips in a risky weather season, but all advice would be most welcome.
Thank you

Hi there, we have booked a trip before your intended dates but have been trying to get a hold of the siren staff for a while with no response?! Their toll free number is always busy... Starting to wonder if they are still in business or not???
Does anyone know anything recent about their philipines operations??

Hi there, we have booked a trip before your intended dates but have been trying to get a hold of the siren staff for a while with no response?! Their toll free number is always busy... Starting to wonder if they are still in business or not???
As far as I know they are still in operation. PM sent

I have no reason to believe they are not. We booked via a scuba board member and received our itinerary from her 2 days ago....Siren fleet used to be very active on here. Maybe send them a pm?

Hi Util,

The Philippine Siren is still in operations :)
Have you checked your junk email?
If you still have problems to contact the reservations team, please PM me

Cheers,
Leticia

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom