Triple Tank, Triple Manifolds!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Bob:

Ok.
If you have another article of cousteau (anyone), please, it contacts With me.
Thank you very much

Dani

Turtleguy:
Aloha Byron
Here is a photo of the US Divers UDS 1 system manifold.
does it look like this? Or is the one you have chrome?
Aloha Turtleguy
the set I have look just like that but I only have one shut off valve. mine also has a blue plastic body and three black 30 cu.ft. tanks. they need hydro, and vip...which I'm planning on doing sooner or later has my funds permit. I also have a Cousteau ABS limited bc with the back pack assembly to mate to the tank pack.
I sure would like a copy of the maneul if anyone would like to scan me a copy.
thanks,
Bill

I have a set of UDS-1 triples with the 1st stage integrated manifold including the bands. Note* no shell. The tanks are in very good condition...the insides shine like a new coin. Never had a hydro since the original 1973 manf. date. I dont use them and if anyone is interested would sell them reasonably. send me a private email.

Gary

Hi Jag
I have posted some pic's of the Calypso pack which has the tree 30's inverted with, of course, both pressure and reg connected at bottom. Very hydrodynamic with nothing to get caught or tangled on the top of unit. Look in Dive equipment.

Hi J. R.

That's the origional U. S. Divers, UDS-1 with 35 cf tanks, not the ABS system with 30 cf tanks.

The UDS-1 was sold to SCUBA divers in the early '80s and wasn't used by Cousteau. The UDS-1 had a first stage regulator built into the right side of the manifold. The regulator was like a Conshelf but with a piston instead of a diaphragm. The manifold was made from anodized 6061-T6 aluminum rather than chrome plated brass and had a reserve built in the left side of the manifold. The SPG and a hose for the external filler fitting also connected to the left part of the manifold. There are two spare LP ports on the right side for a BC or air tools etc. Very nice to dive with. I still use mine a few times a year.

The tank threads are 1.250-12UNF rather than the 3/4 NPSM of most SCUBA tanks. Unfortunatly that is a rather uncommon thread and no one makes a probe in that size for the required eddy current test yet.

My triples have Hydro dates of 1955. No logo on the manifold .. Manifolds & valves did not have the U.S. Divers Logo for the first couple of years. Not sure who actually made the valves & manifolds for U.S. Divers in the beginning. The U.S. Navy had a bunch of triples made for them .. the tanks are very hard to find .. rather slim with a capacity of 30 cu ft or so .

Do you mean 1.125 or 1.125-12? Probes and rings for the latter are available from Visual Eddy, and I am pretty sure Visual Plus has them. Actually, it's probably the third most popular threading for alu tanks.

Only thing is, since the lower pressure CO2 and similar tanks don't require eddy current testing, many shops doing eddy current testing don't have them that size, so it can be hard to find someone who can test them.

The tank threads are 1.250-12UNF rather than the 3/4 NPSM of most SCUBA tanks. Unfortunatly that is a rather uncommon thread and no one makes a probe in that size for the required eddy current test yet.

Hi Vance,

No, I do mean 1.250-12 (1 1/4-12). Very rare thread for tanks. Some places have the hydro fitting but I called all of the eddy current tester manufacturers and none had the probe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom