Try "Pigeon's House"- a great deal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

minlab

New
Reaction score
I was in Sharm El Sheikh during the ramadan feast. I did 3 weeks of individual diving trip from Eilat-Sharm-Dahab by myself, and the accomodation was a big concern to me as well. I checked several places and ended up staying at Pigeon's house which is close to Sinai divers(about 10 minute walk?).
I stayed in a beautiful airy room(not a dormitory with shared bath) for 100 pound(about 22US, I bargained it down a little bit) a day including breakfast. Staffs are friendly, and the room has a nice bathroom, refrigerator, private deck, and many windows.
If time is allowed, I would recommend you to visit Dahab as well. I personally love this relaxing town. Diving in Dahab is not like sharm with nice boat, it's mostly beach dive or camel dive safari. But I enjoyed dive sites in Dahab as much as Tiran or Ras mohamad. You see more big fishes in Sharm, but I think Dahab has very interesting corals in a much more natural and relaxing atmosphere.
Have a great time diving in the Red Sea. By far, it's one of my favorite. I loved the desert scene as well. Can't wait to go back in summer.
Good luck.

min

Great report. I'm more jealous then you could ever imagine.
Glad you a good time!
:gorgeous:

PS Welcome to the scuba board family

Ari:
This year is already booked up. In 2003 hopefully we'll either go to Australia, or there to see you. I'll probably flip a coin!
Until then, keep those dive reports coming!
:gorgeous:

Hopefully by 2003 things will calm down around here.

At the mean time, with less tourists around both Israel and Sinai, the reef and marine life are regenerating.

Ari :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom