"Two" forums? Some posts only visible on old.scubaboard.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xan

Underwater Operator
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I received an email "ScubaBoard - See what you have missed" with a link to a thread "SPG location justification" that is only visible on old.scubaboard.com (DIR forum) and was posted by @sea_ledford on March 4th. The post is not showing up on "regular" ScubaBoard—either in search, navigating via the user's profile, or looking in that forum.

Removing "old" from the URL doesn't work either and ends up redirecting me to another post.

Not sure what's going on, except that maybe there are two databases configured for the respective instances, or things got out of sync. I imagine if "old" is meant to be deprecated, perhaps a notice/banner to that effect, so people don't post there anymore?

I thought I'd report it in case this is not intended behavior.

I was starting to wonder what was going on with that post...

The website old.scubaboard.com is a sandbox. Or maybe a better description would be confined water.
For testing, a copy of this server is made every now and then. All user settings are copied as well, so yes, mail might be send out.

Don't go there.

This test-website investigates your connection (=> Are you using a VPN? Are you a known spammer? Is your IP residential?), followed by fingerprinting your device (computer, phone or tablet). In the near future, you don't login with a password anymore, but with an iris-scan that is made by the built-in camera from your device. During the scan, the microphone records your voice (so you have to say aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah during login).

The website old.scubaboard.com is a sandbox...

Don't go there.

This test-website investigates your connection (=> Are you using a VPN? Are you a known spammer? Is your IP residential?), followed by fingerprinting your device (computer, phone or tablet). In the near future, you don't login with a password anymore, but with an iris-scan that is made by the built-in camera from your device. During the scan, the microphone records your voice (so you have to say aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah during login).
Sounds like a bad sci-fi story.

The website old.scubaboard.com is a sandbox. Or maybe a better description would be confined water.
For testing, a copy of this server is made every now and then. All user settings are copied as well, so yes, mail might be send out.

Don't go there.

So do I need to repost my question someplace else? I did post it from work, which is a remote campus, so who knows what all VPN type things are happening.

I received an email "ScubaBoard - See what you have missed" with a link to a thread "SPG location justification"
Same here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom