U.S.S. STRENGTH photo's needed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blacknet

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm doing some articles on the U.S.S. Strength and am looking for photo's of the ship and crew BEFORE she became a dive site. Also looking for any stories from the crew DURRING wartime. If anyone has any of the above or any question/comments/concerns/issues then please contact me privately about this.

Ed

Hello,

Well after serving as a minesweeper/counter sub ops durring WWII she was decomissioned to the salvage yard to help new salvage divers learn the ropes. She was sank and raised several times untill she was laid to rest in panama city florida as an artificial reef. Today she's one impressive structure and is claimed as home to a wide variety of sea life.

Ed

I can't help you with pre-sinking pictures myself, but I know that Hydrospace in PC has some, and if you haven't written them yet you may try NEDU in PC.
I do have a shot of a 400# Jewfish on the Strength if you want that (or course it's "all fish" and very little "ship")
Rick

Hello,

I did one better. There's a navy service that keeps track of old ship photo's durring WWII. As for NEDU I have the man who helped sink her on my dive team. (rainreg)

Ed

Hello,

Thanks for the info, I already have that type of info. What i'm looking for is first hand stories.

Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom