Understanding the drysuits available on the market

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bag inside, stretchy outside..

2d11ycx.jpg

The Fusion is a weird one, but it is still a bag suit as that is how it seals the diver from the water, it just uses the covers to streamline the whole thing. It's a great concept for those with weight fluctuations, rental suits, etc etc. I just don't personally like it. It is better than an ill-fitting bag suit though.

Tbone004 thanks for the info. Are you talking about the DUI factory? Where are they located?

That's awesome I might just pay them a visit!

I Bare makes good suits, but not sure if they custom cut. They probably do, but I've never looked into them.

They do.

I don't have a short list or a budget. I just picked a number out of the air.
Given that I'd put in another vote for USIA. I'd also suggest you give Jim Lapenta (jimlap212@comcast.net) a try. The HOG suit is a rebranded USIA, I'm extremely happy with mine and Jim will give you a good price (and the red trim looks cool). In my experience USIA does not charge for custom cuts when they're not needed, mine only had the torso made a couple/three inches longer (hey I have short stubby legs). If you do pull the trigger, spend the extra $ and get the SiTech replaceable neck and wrist seals. The first time you need to replace them, the investment will pay off.

Tbone004 thanks for the info. Are you talking about the DUI factory? Where are they located?

That's awesome I might just pay them a visit!

USIA is just north of Portland, DUI is in San Diego. Not quite the same...

Ahh gotcha. Well I still would rather buy locally! San Diego is considered local too I guess, as long as it's USA.

a custom DUI suit such as a FLX-Extreme with thigh pockets, pee valve, silicone zip seals will run a bit over $3k. these are extremely well made suits and hold up well to extreme diving. Love my DUI and it is serving me well.

a custom DUI suit such as a FLX-Extreme with thigh pockets, pee valve, silicone zip seals will run a bit over $3k. these are extremely well made suits and hold up well to extreme diving. Love my DUI and it is serving me well.

Sounds good! I definitely want to get something that is going to last and not have problems.

the USIA techniflex is just as durable as the DUI and half the cost. DUI charges an obscene amount of money because cutting and sewing in one of the most expensive cities in the world will do that to you... They also can charge a premium for the brand name. No different than Halcyon with their plates and wings being almost double that of most other manufacturers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom