Underwater bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That would work, but it's very usable while in the bag, plus the plastic kills the image quality and using one of the finiest lenses doesn't equate to a worthwhile combo. :)

What I'm really looking for would be a "heavy duty glorified baggy with a 77mm clear cut UV filter attachment so I can shoot through the filter, not the bag."

hdtran:
How about either a 1-gallon size or 2-gallon size ziploc bag? That should be big enough for your SLR & waterproof enough to take a spill canoeing...

Well, I use a 10D for this because of the crop, and most other Canon cameras don't have the same ergonic control setup so they aren't very interchangable, at least not for digitals. And the only housing I found was $2000, so yeah, not exactly a glorified baggie . . . . lol

But I'm not looking for an actual housing because I don't dive, and probably won't be for a while. I'll snorkle, but that's the extent. If I did, that'd be another story all together.

Unfourtunetly, I have the camera first. :)

ChrisA:
Ewa Marine is the only option if you want the bag style housing. But what kind of SLR do yu use? If it uses 35mm film then you may be able to track down a used housing. People are tradding film for digital and the housing for film camera are getting very hard to sell. You see them posted here for 1/5th of what they sold for new. My 35mm Nikons have very little resale value anymore as "everyone is selling off the F5, N90s and so on. If you have a common 35mm SLR just wait or post a few "WTB" ads. for the housing.

About the housing costing more than the camera. That's typical. I just bought a $1,400 housing. The advice many peole give is to select a housing first then buy a camera to put it it.

That's a very good example there . . . lol

KrisB:
I'm sorry guys, but this just keeps popping into my head. Using a good SLR camera through a glorified baggie is like kissing your wife through Saran Wrap. It's just not as much fun as it should be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom