underwater camera set up Nikon D300

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Krakendiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So i just posted about my Nikon Z7 for a set up for this

now im curious...I also have a D300 what would you all use on this....I know it does not have the same mega pixels but its also not as much a risk of loss for a d300 vs a Z7 if there was a water leak

is the D300 a good option or would you all go with the Z7

The D300 was a solid camera which I used for years. It really depends on the type of photography you want to take and if you want to deal with aging used gear. If it's super macro with a 105mm lens, then just go with the Z7 because focus speed is so slow with a D300 and 105mm lens. It's literally the reason I upgraded to a D850 last year.

There are other considerations too, depending on the housing hardware, such as strobe compatibility. Going from a D300 to D850, I had to purchase new strobes. I ended up selling the D300 as a complete rig to maximize value. TBH though, it wasn't worth much and wasn't easy to find someone interested. I was also struggling to find replacement o-rings for the aging housing, and it lacked a vacuum module.

If it were me, I'd go with the Z7 and not look back. Mitigate the risk by getting a vacuum module and invest in current technology and accessories.

thanks everyone

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom