Underwater Hockey and Underwater Rugby

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

longhorns

Registered
Reaction score
Howdy,

Are you a SCUBA diver looking for a way to have a better sense of how to manuver your body underwater? Were you doing some snorkeling while in vacations and want to explore the underwater world in a deeper sense? Are you just looking for a workout to increase your lung capacity?

If the answer to the any of the above questions is positive, the world of underwater hockey/rugby is awaiting for you. :cool2:

We just started a couple of teams in Austin and Killeen and would like to invite you all to join us for practices.

We play every Saturday from 9:00 to 11:30 at the Fort Hood's swimming pool. The entrance to the pool is FREE! If you happen to have snorkeling stuff (snorkel, fins, mask) bring it along with you. We will provide the rest (protective equipment, pucks, etc). :wink:

There is not required experience. Beginners are warmly welcome. We have a couple of experienced Underwater Hockey players willing to teach you what they know. There is also a USA Underwater Rugby national team's player who will be helping with the workouts.

Drop me a line if you want to join us <utexas DOT uw AT gmail.com>!

See you underwater!

Ric
University of Texas at Austin
<utuw DOT blogspot DOT com>

I'm disappointed by the lack of feedback :( Come one, scuba people, this is literally the safest way to enjoy diving and a great workout at the same time!
Let me recommend you our playlist, it might spark your interest.
This is us playing at our National Swimming Complex in Budapest.
8sgCziU.jpg

I was playing in an uwh league and it was rough it was great excersize mind you but being that I only played once a week it was great comrade I vouch for the sport in it being unique and fun but for a select few it does help develop your lungs and breath holding but not for the faint of heart

Underwater rugby would be something I would be willing to try unfortunately there isnt anyone playing it near me.

Underwater hockey was my introduction to snorkeling!! East Carolina University was trying to get a team going at that time (2009-2010). I definitely learned essential skills, like how to get below the surface :D

Back
Top Bottom