Underwater Journal – issue 21, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walt Stearns

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The latest issue of the Underwater Journal (UWJ-issue21) is here for subscribers to download. Inside is two feature articles on diving with two of the oceans largest creatures - humpback whales in Tonga by Tim Rock, and swimming with the largest fish in the sea, whale sharks off the northern tip of Yucatan, by Scubaboard member Douglas Ebersole.

If you don’t already subscribe, it’s FREE, and easy to do. I should also mention that we a conducting a online video contest. The info for it is on this page - Underwater Journal - win a free Caribbean diving vacation!

Attachments

• UWJ-issue21_Page_01.jpg
    UWJ-issue21_Page_01.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 109
I really enjoy this publication and how it is geared toward the die hard diver. The writing is very good and I also like how in many artices on locations you included a little information on the place and other little things. I do wish there was more depth on things, but that is the schooling on Geology/Geography speaking. With other main stream magazines the writing is more flamboyant and buy this gear mentality or the lack of depth on topics and the dumbing down lingo.

Thank you for the praise. We strive to bring together a worthy publication that divers will both enjoy and find informative. I would love to hear from others, including any constructive criticisms - stories too long or wordy, size of each issue too, word like to see it smaller more often, specific fields (underwater photography, gear, travel, conservation, etc.) not covered enough, etc.

All these thing help us build a better dive publication. Your input is valuable to us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom